Re: New monit web-interface

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: New monit web-interface
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:14:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Hi!

> It's time to brush up the monit web-interface before the 3.0
> release. I played around with FrontPage and started with
> freshmeat.net (hush). You can look at the preliminary result here:
> http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/monit.html

It looks nice and simple but still stylish.

w3c validator (http://validator.w3.org) has just the following
warnings:

Warnings
--------

* No Character Encoding detected! To assure correct validation,
  processing, and display, it is important that the character encoding
  is properly labeled. Further explanations.

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an
SGML parser.

* Line 92, column 37:

  Error: there is no attribute "HEIGHT" for this element (in this HTML
  version)

The css is validated without problems.

> What do you guys think? Any changes you would like to see or should
> we go for this?

Maybe the following information on the webpage would be nice:

* Time of last check
* a service uptime/downtime (if possible) like "Running for 123d 12h 5m"
* a reload <meta> where reload time is the cycle time

Good work...

C. Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113