Re: New monit web-interface

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: New monit web-interface
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:13:14 +0200 (CEST)

On 11 Jul 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> [...]

Sorry for being not very precise.  This display you realized is
already nice, but I thought of something in a more "per service" way.
I like to know how long a service, e.g. apache, is down or up.

The time of next check could be also on a per service base.  If you
fiddle around with the "every" statement it might be interesting.

But there might be something completely different.  Right know you do
all the checks nearly at the same time (all after another and then
waiting for n seconds).  I don't know if it might be less annoying for
a server if you scatter the tests in the cycle (e.g. m tests in n
seconds, means n/m seconds delay between each service.).  It's not
nice because you have to split up validate().

Is the md5sum check done every cycle?  Wouldn't it be enough to check
ctime first and if newer then last cycle do a md5sum check.  Some
server programs might come up to some megs.

> A new 2.5 beta version is uploaded with these suggestions:
>
>         http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/
>
> > Btw.  2.5-beta seems to work very well, esp. I like the http request
> > feature which should solve my "503 error" problem.
>
> Good, thank Martin

Thanx Martin!!!

> > Could you please spend some "\n" in the http server web output. (-:
>
> Haven't you heard; if it was hard to write it should be hard to read :)

You never get a "best viewed with netcat" button on the page. (-:

> > In compile time there is still the following warning:
(...)

> Fixed, and please check out the new version

Yo!

Nice redundant code... at the end of monitor.c is a duplicated...
| static void start_http() {
|
|  monit_http(START_HTTP);
|
| }
... do they get lost sometimes? (-:

Bye,
C.Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113