modcaml

Re: [Modcaml] "Printer"?

From: Richard Jones
Subject: Re: [Modcaml] "Printer"?
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:17:47 +0100

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 06:16:27PM -0500, Robert Fischer wrote:
> Is there a trick to getting the PG* environment variables passed into
> Apache 1.3, or some other log-in gotcha?  I've tried SetEnv (in both
> httpd.conf and cocanwiki.conf) and exporting the PG* env variables in
> the apachectl script, and I'm still getting the connect failure.

Yes, SetEnv doesn't work -- no idea what exactly it's supposed to be
useful for.  Mod_perl defined "PerlSetEnv" which does the right thing,
but we don't have that in mod_caml.

I also had a small war with the Debian apache maintainer about his
insistence of "cleaning" the environment before running apache.  He
puts 'env -i ...' in the /etc/init.d/apache script.

The way to do it is to edit the /etc/init.d/apache script to add your
own environment variables and to remove the '-i' from 'env'.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat