Re: [Mldonkey-users] Search Result: Your client is too old and/or has ba

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Search Result: Your client is too old and/or has bad network behavior. Please upgrade !
Date: 14 May 2004 08:30:32 -0500

Andreas Neiser <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> i am using mldonkey in the most recent CVS version (2.5-21). When I
> search for any file, I get the following message as a search result:
>
> "Your client is too old and/or has bad network behavior. Please upgrade !"
> Is there any Patch for this or why does this happen?

I'm pretty new to this p2p file sharing, and frankly I still prefer
file sharing by nfs.  You should take my comments with a grain of salt.

I think that bad network behavior generally means to much network
behavior.  This can be too many queries or pending downloads
(der-stille-bob.de suggests that eMule users limit themselves to 30
simultaneous downloads), or it can be too many shared files (most
servers ignore all shared files after the first 1000, and kick people
after 5000).  In the former case, you should be allowed back onto
servers after an hour or so, but it the latter you will be booted
right back off when mlnet starts up.

If too many shared files is the problem.  I don't really know what to
tell you.  Unsharing directories does not seem to remove files from
the shared_files list.  If you simple remove shared_files_new.ini, and
let mlnet recompute it, (what I did earlier this week) you may see the
weird accounting behavior I reported yesterday.

Jason