Re: [Mldonkey-users] Used ports for firewall

From: Atarius
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Used ports for firewall
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:59:25 +0100

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 15:11, Andre Hinrichs wrote:
> In the past I only used the donkey network and now with respect to the new
> CVS versions I want to use the other networks too.
> I looked into the ini files and found some used ports but I'm not sure that
> the list is complete since my firewall sometimes block traffic on ports I
> don't know. So here is the list of ports I've opened on my firewall:
>
> FastTrack:      1214(tcp)
This is only used (for incoming connections), if your client is a supernode
(see http://www.kazaa.com/us/help/faq/supernodes.htm#FAQ_supernodes_4).
I think this is not implemented in mldonkey (but on the other hand, I don't
find anymore the document where I read this), so it should be OK to close
1214. Of course, you need it for outgoing connections to supernodes.

> eDonkey:        4662(tcp) 4666(udp)
> Bittorrent:     6882(tcp)
OK :).

> Overnet:       21026(udp)
For TCP (incoming connections), too.
Note also (you probably know already) that this port is chosen randomly when
mlnet starts the first time. It will change if you decide one day to throw
away  your .ini files and start from scratch, or so.

> Here are two blocked requests
>
> PROTO=UDP SPT=4666 DPT=21030
> PROTO=UDP SPT=6257 DPT=6257
Doesn't look as if you have to care about these.

Cheers,
        Atarius