Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to share some files

From: kami petersen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to share some files
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:56:14 +0100

if that is what you need i'd say that mldonkey will be an overkill, look into using bittorrent instead. you should set up a tracker where your users would go to find the shared files.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

/kami

Dr Aldo Medina wrote:

We want to interchange some Linux ISO's (specifically Fedora and
OpenOffice 1.1) between a somewhat large distant user group. So maybe
mldonkey could serve to this (either via edonkey or someother protocol?)

How can we share our ISO's?. Is is just a matter of moving them to some
shared directory, or should we do something else to "index" them or get
some kind of MD5?

By the way, if we delete a file from this shared directory, does
mldonkey autodetect this and erase the file from its uploadable list?,
or should we do something after deleting the file?

TIA.