[Mldonkey-users] Shareaza and MLDonkey

From: Bernd Kuhls
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Shareaza and MLDonkey
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 04:57:55 +0100

Hi,

some users, including me, posted on the english forum their problems in
dealing with Shareaza based on the Edonkey protocol. It is getting much
more data than we can download from them.

Thread with possible error explanation on the side of Shareaza:
mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1542

Main thread about banning Shareaza:
mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1732
The ban is pretty good, since it is in place the UL/DL is 0/0.

Emulers had a similar discussion in favor of Shareaza not leeching:
http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.php?showtopic=29198
My guess is that they are being saved because of their credit system
which makes it difficult for not uploading clients to get data from
them.

On the Shareaza forum there is also a discussion taking place where
some users mentioned that MLDonkey is jumping around their queues but
not taking a seat:
http://forums.shareaza.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8571

Greetings, spiralvoice