[Mldonkey-users] request: feed mldonkey_preview the ip of remote host

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] request: feed mldonkey_preview the ip of remote host
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:17:07 +0200

Hi there !

I just compiled the new version 2.5-4, works like a charm :)

I have a feature request:

I'm not always sitting at the computer that is running mldonkey, but
most of the time I'm in the same local area network. I'd like to be
able to click on "Preview" and let the preview script spawn the
preview tool (mplayer, madplay, etc.) at my local computer.

For this to work it would be really cool, if you guys could add a
third paramter to the preview script, the ip of the remote host that
clicked the "Preview"-link.

I found the function (?) that executes the preview script in
src/daemon/common/commonFile.ml:394:

let file_preview (file : file) =
  let cmd = Printf.sprintf "%s \"%s\" \"%s\"" !!previewer
              (file_disk_name file) (file_best_name file) in
  ignore (Sys.command cmd)

I think, I also found the variable "host" containing the remote ip
in src/utils/net/http_server.ml:85:

type options = {
    referer : Url.url option;
    content_length : int;
    content_type : string;
    login : string;
    passwd : string;
    host : string;
    no_cache : bool;
  }

But I really have no idea how reference this options.host in
commonFile.ml :-/

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Best regards,
Marc