Re: [Mldonkey-users] Gui protocol question. Opcode 49 -- ClientStats

From: Guido Seifert
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Gui protocol question. Opcode 49 -- ClientStats
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 05:40:22 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:17:55AM +0200, Petter E. Stokke wrote:
> > What does 'Total shared' count? It is currently 0 for me.
> > What is the difference between 'Total uploaded' and 'Total shared'?
>
> It's the number of bytes you've got shared (and the next field is the
> number of files shared). Total uploaded is the amount of data you've
> uploaded to other people since mldonkey was started. Mldonkey seems to
> return 0 no matter what in the total shared field these days, though. I
> imagine that's a bug.

Thanks, I just was not sure what the difference between 'bytes uploaded' and
'bytes shared' is.  But if I think a bit longer about it, I see that it is
not the same. So it really is a bug in the core and not in my code that 'total
shared' is always 0? Too bad, I think this is the more interesting number.
I am interested in how much of my files I uploaded to others not in the
additional overhead from searches, messages and other stuff.