Re: [Mldonkey-users] incoming filesystem

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] incoming filesystem
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:02:59 +0200

Am Sonntag, 29.06.03 um 14:19 Uhr schrieb philippe usenet:

I posted right here a minute ago but I don't want to confuse things, still I'm suspecting that this issue could be part of my whole > problem:

Why don't you start debugging with switching off your firewall and putting incoming/ on the same filesystem as MLdonkey? Once this works, you can try custom modifications. That's debugging basics.

For the high ID it's necessary an outer host can establish a connection to you, not vice versa. All usual networking stuff like http up-/download is established by _your_ host and treated differenly by your firewall (and your provider's firewall).

Cheers,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/