Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian : a package available.

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian : a package available.
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:06:47 +0200

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:34:35AM +0200, Amaya wrote:
> I seem to have fixed it by doing a very logical thing: changing
> permissions in the temp directory so that the new "mldonkey" user can
> write to it.
>
> Sorry for the noise :-)
>
> The Debian package looks like state of the art to me (I still haven't
> been able to take a look at the debian/ stuff), but I had some problems
> installing it: /var/lib/mldonkey doesn't get created and the mldonkey
> user is not created either. I'll test better tomorrow in a chroot and
> see how it goes.
>
> Thanks.

Hello,

What version of the package are you using ?

The last version is 2.5.1-8. This should be 2.5.1-9 tonight.

Can you send me the output of :
- dpkg-reconfigure mldonkey-server ( to see what happened ).
- debconf-show mldonkey-server ( to see the variable you set ).

The problem with creation of the home dir of mldonkey seems corrected
since version 2.5.1-4. I hope it is not still a bug.

Concerning the rest :
mldonkey has been uploaded to debian this morning, a problem has remove
it from the upload queue, but it will be corrected tomorrow or so...

I thanks all people who has help me to made this possible.

Thanks
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : to mldonkey dev : what version you want to see in debian ( tag of
the branch ) ?