[Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian : a package available.

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey & Debian : a package available.
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:59:39 +0200

Hello,

I just finished the packaging of mldonkey. There is two packages :
- mldonkey-server
- mldonkey-gui.

It uses 2.5.1-patches.

I have added some features in this packages :
- mldonkey_server : a launcher for mlnet :
  - redirect stdout/stderr to syslog ( messages )
  - respawn mlnet when it dies, or when a certain amount of time
  has passed ( every 48h for example )
  - chuid
  - umask
  - chdir
  - daemon ( for syslog ) / no daemon ( no redirection of
  stdout.stderr )
  - ask for the creation of ~/.mldonkey
  - ...
- mldonkey_options : a program to parse and to set mldonkey options
( according to the syntax of *.ini ).
- mldonkey_command : a program to send command to mldonkey, with
inline option such as -h ( host ) -P port -p password...
- mldonkey_submit : a programm to send dllink to mldonkey ( same
options as above )

I have also patched a little mlnet to be more compliant with debian
( use /usr/bin/see, remove daemon, log_file, closelog ( see
mldonkey_server ) ).

You can run mlnet as a system wide daemon :
- launch at start-up
- run as a daemon ( see mldonkey_server )
- configure via debconf
- use /etc/mldonkey.conf for some setting

deb http://perso.enst.fr/~legall/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://perso.enst.fr/~legall/debian unstable main contrib non-free

I wait for your feedback

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : i will probably fork mldonkey package between release and CVS,
then will have the same name but not the same apt location
pps : all my program ( mldonkey_server, options, command, submit )
are written in ocaml
ppps : if mldonkey team want to use these program i will send it to
anyone, but i think mldonkey_server run only on Unix like platform