Re: [Mldonkey-users] 13.5kb transfer bug, upload slot bug

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 13.5kb transfer bug, upload slot bug
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:30:45 -0400

At 11:55 AM -0300 6/8/03, address@hidden wrote:
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 10:39:05AM -0400, Brett Dikeman wrote:
 >Have you also tried the "close_fds" command?
 I can't see how it would help- that closes open file descriptors. It
 doesn't shut down dead connections.

As long as the file descriptor is still open, the other peer will continue
to download data from you, even if you removed the file on the disk.

They're -dead- connections, no data is flowing.  Not active connections.

The whole point is that the clients aren't removed- same thing for when you issue the "nu" command- it used to be that the queue would empty out. Now, the same clients stay in the queue and resume downloading once the nu command expires.

Even without cancelling or removing a file, I'll end up often with 1-2 dead clients sitting in the active upload queue, with no filename listed- just the client name, type, and IP.