Re: [Mldonkey-users] Stuck in a loop?

From: Garvin Hicking
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Stuck in a loop?
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:55:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Pierre!

> Some sources must be sending corrupted data, and since more sources are
> available to download the last chunk(s), the probability that they get
> corrupted increases ("too many cooks spoil the chunk" ?)

I understand, maybe the file as such is invalid or a fake, even though quite a
few
users share the file. Well, whatever - I already had reliable_sources enabled, I
just disabled it but I guess that won't change a thing either.

I'll keep the file in the queue for some more time and see what happens. I
already
had that problem with 2 other files which I kept for 90 days in my queue and
just
deleted them when I no more got any sources for them. But there the files kept
going
from 90% back to 60% all at once. The files were buggy from the start on, their
download went far over 150% and after a verify chunks the "from 90 to 60"
behaviour
kicked it. Well, let's drop that :)

Regards,
Garvin.