[Mldonkey-users] directconnect strategy

From: LordVyper
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] directconnect strategy
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:46:13 +0100

Hello all

        I see with some concern the current direction of mldonkey
development. Although current project ideas (swarming) are indeed very
good and innovative, I am a bit disappointed for the apparent lack of
interest on directconnect development. For what I can see, it has been
on alpha status for some time now (way too many builds without any
changes on dc). I really hope things will change, as this is a very good
network (imho) since hubs are theme-specific, so the user won't get xxx
files if he doesn't want to.

        Now for a feature request :).

        In the DC network, you can browse user shared files by
downloading a "file list" file from the desired user. I propose we
download all file lists automatically as soon as another user enters a
hub, and build an overall file list, which we would browse as a complete
hub-file list, instead of a per-user file list. This would allow for
easier location of files. I believe none of the "official" clients has
this feature, but some power-user dc++ modifications have something like
this.
        Please note that this list could get very large. Another caveat
might be duplicates location.

        Thank you all for your time,
        Joao Correia