Re: [Mldonkey-users] Firwall rules for all mldonkey client networks

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Firwall rules for all mldonkey client networks
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:37:21 +0200

On Sunday 01 June 2003 11:07, Neilen wrote:
> I need to set up a firewall that will allow me to use mldonkey.  The
> HOWTOs I found only describe the process for the edonkey, and perhaps
> one or two others.  With the buch of networks that mldonkey 2.5
> supports, I guess its a little more involved?
>
> Actually, I'm only interested in haveing edonkey, fasttrack and
> soulseek  and bittorent work, since they seem to be the only networks I
> use.

I don't know about FastTrack and SoulSeek, but the regular BitTorrent client
needs ports 6881-6889 mapped to your machine, and I believe mldonkey's
implementation is good with that range by default too.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc