Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 03:27:01 +0200

Citing Romildo (Monday, 2003/04/07 21:31)...

> http://www.thedonkeynetwork.com/connection_test
>
> However, the IP address the the test tells me is wrong.
> It says it is 200.225.194.49, and it is not true.
> My IP is dynamic assigned, and currently it is
> 200.170.177.245. Even after rebooting my system and
> rerunning the test, it insists my IP address is
> 200.225.194.49.

Maybe your provider uses NAT for whatever reason?
You may check http://absinth.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/ip also. If your IP
(REMOTE_ADDR) is still 200.225.194.49, there's a router somewhere
replacing your source IP with its own. But I've never heard about
providers doing so. Maybe it's a LAN router?

And that's also a possible reason for getting a low ID: The router
doesn't forward incoming connections because it doesn't know where to.

But another possibility was a (http-) proxy. If that's the case,
reconfigure your browser for direct http-connections.

Did you try a port different from 4662?

Steffen.