Re: [Mldonkey-users] Funny mldonkey connection problem

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Funny mldonkey connection problem
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 00:39:53 +0100

Citing Pablo Wolter (Thursday, 2003/02/27 18:07)...

> I run mldonkey in my laptop on my house dialing to the internet by modem
> and I can use it without any problem, but when I try to use mldonkey in
> my office ussing the LAN connection I cannot connect to any server, and
> the funny thing is that when I switch to Windows (I have both, Debian
> Sid and windows on the same machine) and run Kazza I can download with
> this software, so I think this is not a firewall issue (I'm not 100%
> sure about this) I try to tell mldonkey that I'm behind a firewall but I
> don't found this option to test it. Or to use a proxy server to run some
> tools like tcpdump and the like.

Your firewall may block outgoing traffic on dest. port 4661/tcp which
is the default server port. But I don't think so because a lot
of servers are listening on different ports. Try 207.44.222.51:4242
or 193.111.198.139:4242 (both ProbenPrinz.de). With newer versions
of mldonkey these servers are usually loaded at startup.

However, most likely the problem is a different one.
What version are you running?

Steffen