[Mldonkey-users] understanding edonkey2000

From: Adam Megacz
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] understanding edonkey2000
Date: 24 Feb 2003 19:20:20 -0800

I couldn't quite glean this from either the edonkey site or the
mldonkey site...  Is the edonkey2k network a collection of autonomous
servers whose addresses are spread via word of mouth (like opennap),
or is the ultimate goal to have all servers be (at least indirectly)
aware of all other servers, merging all of them together into one huge
peered network (gnutella, kazaa/openft, etc)?

It seems like the former is the case; I'm looking for the best
non-kazaa network that falls into the latter category.

  - a