Re: [Mldonkey-users] more requests

From: EndlessMe
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] more requests
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:51:09 +0100

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:54:07 +0100
"devein" <address@hidden> wrote:

> so, I dont need max_emule_lots, I need max_mldonkey_slots :)
> (i've made that patch, set mldonkey slots to 60% and got much more biased
> results)
> maybe some liming of uploaders based on % of downloads? i think it will be
> fair.
>
> also i upload large, not limited amounts to mldonkeys, but only "trusted
> mldonkeys"/edonkeys/emules in my upload queue also uploaded something to me.
> (it is somewhat strange, maybe my firewall is blocking download from older
> mldonkeys?)
> take a look - picture of my upload queue :
> http://acmosis.eu.org/misc/ulers.jpg , in the same time im downloading from
> emules/edonkeys mainly :(.
> i like idea of random uploading, but this is not "random" to me.
> something must be done in that matter, maybe even in higher scope than
> "giving back to specific edonkey clients".
>
> my proposition: maybe every edonkey client program should be treated like it
> is "different network"? (some management, correct upload to every client
> type based on download)
>
> devein

It is *exacly* the same for me, I upload mostly to mldonkeys with this version,
AND, what's supprising, upload to mldonkey seems to be UNLIMITED eg. when
mldonkey gets a slot, it stays there util it dies :P
Anyway almost all my upload goes to mldonkeys, AND at the same time I download
NOTHING from them, how can that be?
My theory is that mldonkey have some kind of bug... all those mldonkeys I
upload so much to seems to send A LOT OF REQUESTS, much more than 2 per 10
minuts, but somehow they are not baned?!
Doh...

Endless