Re: [Mldonkey-users] cvs tags for mldonkey > 2.02-11

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] cvs tags for mldonkey > 2.02-11
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:56:12 +0100

>  Hmm.... With that in mind, there was also no need to increase the
>  version number, an alpha would do.

No, it is still interesting to give to the user the ability to tell
us exactly which version he uses when he encounters a bug. Most users
don't remember when they checked-out the version, but they can look in
the config/configure.in file to know it.

>  So what are tags for? In my opinion they should refer to a version
>  number. But that's just theory, don't mind.

If we want to commit bug fixes everyday now, we cannot add one tag to
the CVS for each commit, or the tags will become useless.

- MLDonkey