Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature Request (actually more than one request)

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Feature Request (actually more than one request)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:17:56 +0100

Le Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:59:06 -0000, João Correia <address@hidden> a écrit
:

> That way we could adapt our upload slots
> (maybe reserving one or two) for files with little or no availability.

I don't think it's possible without an upload queue. Because currently, when
you give an upload queue, you don't know yet what file will be asked for.

That's why, I think, no one answered the first time.

> How about a
> message board in the webgui to leave short msgs to other ppl using the
> same mldonkey?

They're many ways to achieve this already, no need to bloat mldonkey some
more (IM is bad enough ;) )

> We would like to add
> files to a separate list (not yet downloading or searching for sources)
> and to have files from that list being added to the normal download list
> as soon as a file finishes downloading or as soon as the download list
> drops below a certain number of files.

Same thing. If those "high level management" can be handled by some scripts
with a minimum support from mldonkey (and I think none is necessary for
what you want), keep this out of the core.

BR,
Pierre.