mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] question of a new scheme user

From: FloydC
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] question of a new scheme user
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 05:12:04 -0800 (PST)

When I read the SICP, there is a procedure evaluating the definite integral
of a function f between the limits a and b:

(define (integral f a b dx)
  (define (add-dx x) (+ x dx))
  (* (sum f (+ a (/ dx 2.0)) add-dx b)
     dx))

when I tried to run it on DrRacket, it said that: "define: expected only one
expression for the function body, but found 1 extra part" for this part
"(* (sum f (+ a (/ dx 2.0)) add-dx b)
     dx))"
I think that what DrRacket said makes sense, but the procedure is clearly on
the the book. So I am really confused. Please help! Thanks!