mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit 13b5bca] Fix new build to cross from 9.1.

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] [commit 13b5bca] Fix new build to cross from 9.1.1.
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:33:42 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 02:14:05 +0000
>
> [...]
>
> Please back out this change.  The structure I put in place, where the
> cross-compiler and cross-syntaxer run in the host runtime and not in
> the target runtime, is absolutely intentional, and necessary to get a
> sane bootstrap and sane cross-build.

OK.  What's a "sane cross-build"?  Running a new compiler in an old
host runtime is "saner" than running a new runtime in an old host
machine?

> The correct fix to the problem you observed is attached.

That appears to do nothing.

I cannot build master on 9.1.1 (again).  Is that no longer a priority?

I got an "unknown microcode-type: sequence" error, so I tried the
temporary "training" I put in cref/make.scm before, but the build just
dies later on with an "Anomalous microcode error unassigned-variable
-- get a wizard." error while trying to compile optiondb.bin.

All these errors look familiar, but you did not like my solution,
so... I await enlightenment.