Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error on first builsd: unable to download qt-

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error on first builsd: unable to download qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.7.tar.gz
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 22:03:14 +1100

Hi Jim,

> On 14 Oct 2019, at 00:28, James Garner via Mingw-cross-env-list
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> […]
> I have attached the log file the e-mail.
>

> I like the promise of the project, to cross-compile from my Linux box (Fedora
> 30)
>
> I would like to get MXE fully operational.
>
> Does anyone ahve any thoughts on how I should best to proceed in order to get
> MXE fully operational on my machine?
>

> FYI:
>
> I have the latest Qt Creator (Community)?? containing Qt5 installed.
>
> I have Qt 4 something installed with necessitas (2015 vintage library for Qt
> devlopment on Android)
>
> I also have the latest Android Studio installed.

Thanks for the detailed notes and log. Unfortunately, I can’t see anything
obvious
causing the error. It doesn’t seem to be picking up any native headers or libs.

If you want to debug this package, try invoking the make command manually…

Hmmm, I just noticed that it is switching between `gmake` and `make` at line
1053. How
did you invoke the build? It may be that qt has it’s own detection - this is
usually
only an issue with BSD vs GNU make. If qt insists on using gmake, invoke mxe
the same.

Otherwise, I’d suggest building only the subset of mxe that you intend to use,
start
with `qt5` and add packages from there (or just the qt5 submodules you need).

Cheers,