Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] problems compiling qtbase with mxe

From: hagen wegner
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] problems compiling qtbase with mxe
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 08:37:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Tony,

I changed the settings.mk and modified the expat.mk file.   The load and build
ran fine this time, so thank you very much for your help !

The compile of my project did not work following instructions here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14170590/building-qt-5-on-linux-for-windows/14170591#14170591
 .  The path to the g++ compiler and linker were not in the Makefile.   After
adding those by hand the compile worked fine but the executable started on
windows doesn't work.   Simply does nothing.   But I think this has nothing to
do with the cross compile environment as such.

Maybe you can answer the question regarding qt: the cross compile qmake creates
three makefiles: Makefile, Makefile.Debug and Makefile.Release.   Which one do
I have to use?

Regards,
Hagen
.