Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] cross build gcc executables for windows

From: Rashad Kanavath
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] cross build gcc executables for windows
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:37:57 +0200

Hello,

I want to provide users with a single packages that contains all the dependencies  (headers + libs + share) required to build my project.
All those dependencies are now added in mxe. So I can easily cross-build this project using mxe.

But many users want to build the code on windows machine without worrying much about its dependencies.  Earlier we used package management tool like osgeo4w that has msvc2010 binaires for all dependencies. Now we are trying to use MXE.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2016, at 23:19, Rashad Kanavath <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks Tony. Is it merged with mxe upstream ?

Yes, it’s merged now - hopefully it’s status as an example and the caveats in the
README make it’s experimental nature clear.

I did subsequently think of a practical use case - shipping a scientific or
educational toolkit that benefits from having a compiler to work on algorithms
or demonstrate techniques. If that becomes a supported use case, note that the
implementation will change.

Can you describe what you’re trying to achieve?

Cheers,

Regards,
   Rashad