[Mingw-cross-env-list] New package icu4c (was qt5 QtWebkit)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] New package icu4c (was qt5 QtWebkit)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 21:09:01 +1000

On 18/05/2013, at 7:20 PM, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Friday 17 May 2013 23:07:57 fabrice wrote:
[…]
>> A tentative try to build it pointed to the following issue: QtWebkit
>> requests libicu, which normally cross-builds.
>> However trying to do so in the MXE environment resulted in configure
>> complaining about namespace support not being enabled.
>> The issue arises with all common (recent) versions of libstdc++
>> (specifically, the MXE version/environment, my standard i686-pc-mingw32
>> gcc-4.8.0 based environment and the debian i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
>> apt-installed environment, based on gcc-4.2.1)
>>
>> I could not circumvent this. Any idea?
>
> Maybe somebody else can respond to this. It would probably be good to have
> icu
> in MXE, but I haven't tried it myself.

I've added the icu4c package [1] that sets "-DU_USING_ICU_NAMESPACE=0"
according to the recommended build settings [2]. It doesn't seem to make a
difference if this is set or not, but I've left it in for the time being.

Fabrice, could you check this and report any issues, possibly adding a test
program if you're familiar with this package?

Thanks,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/3027957b3cdf811100d54a34a15a10cb5a4aaa41
[2] http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/readme.html#RecBuild