Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 14:13:50 +1100

On 07/03/2013, at 4:53 AM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

> I noticed that mxe stable has guile 2 by default now.

Guile 2 is still on hold in both master and stable, you may have been looking
at the PKG_IGNORE version?

I had a quick look at it the other other day, but it now requires a native
build of it's latest version to cross-compile so will take a bit of work to get
running.

> Can we use MXE to create static Linux binaries also?

In theory you could by adjusting DEPS, PREFIX, and TARGET - but there's no real
support for it yet and there may be mxe/windows specific patches that interfere
with a linux build. For packages with "clean" cross-compile support and no
dependencies, something like the following will create a native binary:

    make -C /path/to/mxe sqlite sqlite_DEPS= PREFIX=~/mxe-native-test TARGET=

Then check the resulting binary:

    ~/mxe-native-test/bin/sqlite3 --version
    file ~/mxe-native-test/bin/sqlite3

The outcome of the multi-target [1] and uniform cross platform [2] issues will
most likely make this possible as a true cross-compile.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/39
[2] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/145