Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:18:09 +1100

On 11/02/2013, at 3:12 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

The second problem is that it seems guile is being built without regexp
support: the symbol make-regexp is not defined when guile starts.
Mark Weaver writes:

'./configure' is apparently
unable to find a suitable POSIX regexp library.  I think you'll find
that HAVE_REGCOMP is not defined in 'config.h', in which case
'make-regexp' will not be available.  Search for 'regex' and 'rxposix'
in 'config.log' for details on what went wrong.

Looking in the mxe log of the build there are lines:

checking regex.h usability... yes
checking regex.h presence... yes
checking for regex.h... yes
removed `/home/rshann/mxe/tmp-guile/guile-1.8.7/libguile/regex-posix.h'

which would seem to suggest the regexp stuff should be there. Can anyone
help with this?

I think it's picking up the headers from libgnurx, but can't link to it:

checking for regcomp... no
checking for main in -lrx... no
checking for regcomp... no
checking for main in -lregex… no

I've added a symlink from libgnurx.a to libregex.a:

and now guile seems to detect it correctly:

checking for main in -lregex... yes
checking for regcomp… yes

Cheers,