Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe-conf.cmake CMAKE_AR

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe-conf.cmake CMAKE_AR
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:56:04 +0200

Matthias Gehre schrieb:
> the commit e57db6d8c9c7ecbe43dd1fdb3d17f07871dfc9fb Move
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, CMAKE_AR and CMAKE_RANLIB into toolchain file
> breaks compilation with cmake for me.
> For example llvm says:
>   The C++ compiler
>   "/home/mgehre/Projects/lightspark/mxe/usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-g++" is not
>   able to compile a simple test programs
> (see attached log)

I'm very sorry. This was my fault. The commit was meant to
be a "cleanup" after solving issue #66:

    https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/66

I just wanted to move more common CMAKE variables from the
individual *.mk files into the toolchain file. Of course, this
makes only sense for variables that should be there, not for
variables that shouldn't be needed in the first place.

So I reverted my faulty commit:

    https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/070e7a680dcf1feebb76b79cf83b58788cb2b94c

And I created a new commit that contains only the sensible
part of the old commit:

    https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/c80ee377b2c91e5e1a075e03c5d517af8895ef0e

Sorry for breaking stuff.

Regards,