Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit

From: Lothar May
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:37:37 +0200

Hi,

2012/6/19 William <address@hidden>:
[...]
> Lothar,
> if you look into 'Makefile', which is THE file that invokes everything, you
> will see that it is not "TARGET" that you need to define, as I told you
> before, but "TARGETS". So the line to write into settings.mk (that overloads
> variables from the Makefile) is :
> "TARGETS := x86_64-static-mingw32"
>
> This error appeared while building in dynamic mode (x86_64-dynamic-mingw32),
> which is much experimental than the static mode.If this is no problem for
> you, you should first try "x86_64-static-mingw32", which is much more likely
> to succeed.
>
> By the way I am unfortunately personnaly not able to solve this specific
> error... To solve this precise error, either wait for an answer on this
> mailing list, or suscribe to github and file a bug report.
>
> Regards,
> William

Sorry for the delay. I managed to build some libs for win x64 now, but
I have trouble with others (e.g. libgcrypt, see also
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gcrypt-devel/2012-April/001930.html
). Therefore, it is quite hard to use this now :-(.

However, it seems that the development for mxe is done in the main
branch and not in this, which means I have to update lib versions by
hand. It is a bit sad that there was a rename to "mxe" but the main
branch continues as before instead of switching to this multi target
branch.

Anyway, for some experimental win x64 build, this is quite fine. Thanks!

Best regards,
Lothar