[Mingw-cross-env-list] TinyXml test runs instead of the package's main()

From: Ishmael Turner
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] TinyXml test runs instead of the package's main().
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:52:46 +1300

Hello,

I linked TinyXml (and many other libraries) from the MinGW Cross Environment into an application. When I ran the created executable, the TinyXml test application ran instead of the application I expected! The mingw-x-env make file for TinyXml uses a '*.cpp' glob to specify the files to build so that is why the test application is included in the static library. I updated the TinyXml make file to specify the library source files individually so that the test application was not included (patch attached), re-built TinyXml, and re-linked my application. This time the application ran as expected.

It's weird because I'd expect an error if there were two main() functions.

I was using a recent checkout of the development version of mingw-x-env. hg summary says "parent: 2278:e094b9b44588 tip".

Regards,
Ishmael.