Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 37

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 37
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:17:26 +0200

René Berber schrieb:
> Found the problem: I was keeping your original gcc.mk as
> gcc-4.6.3.mk and gcc-4.7.0.mk alongside the old gcc-4.5.3.mk,
> somehow your Makefile kept grabbing only gcc-4.6.3.mk instead of
> gcc.mk, or any of the others.

The order of inclusion is unspecified, so the entries are
determined by the file that was loaded last, overwriting
previous entries.

I'm glad you were able to find out and to fix this issue!

> Looks like a side effect, and a good candidate for a warning: "never
> keep old, renamed files in the src directory".

I think there's a technical way to solve this. We just
have to insist on loading only the *.mk files of packages
which are mentioned index.html:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/776c05c88f51

Thus, dangling *.mk files will be simply ignored, and have
no change to cause any confusion.

Regards,

Volker Grabsch