Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project naming (was Separate build rules)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project naming (was Separate build rules)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:54:58 +0100

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > BTW, what about renaming mingw-cross-env to something
> > like "MCE" or "m-cross-env"? The "M" could then stand
> > for "MinGW" als well as "Mac OS X". ;-)
>
> MCE has a nice ring to it, I actually use that quite often as a prefix
> for various branches I'm working on.
>
> We could also do something funky[1] like mxe.cc (it's available) ;-)

I think that MXE is great name, and more unique than MCE.

Since there were no other proposals, I just went ahead
and registered "mxe.cc":

    http://mxe.cc/

MXE stands for "M cross environment", where "M" stands
for MinGW, MinGW-w64, M**OSX, or whatever platform you
like to stand for. ;-)

I also created a first Git mirror of our repository:

    https://github.com/mxe/mxe

Note that this is still experimental. Please do not file
any pull requests or issues on this new repository (yet).

Regards,

Volker Grabsch