Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Is there any makedepend-like tools in mingw-c

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Is there any makedepend-like tools in mingw-cross-compile?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:06:18 +1100

2011/11/10 靖飞 胡 <address@hidden>:
> Hi, there.
> I'm new to mingw32 and cross-compile. But I'm now working on a project
> targeting to autobuild win32 platform application under debian 6. So I
> choose to use Mingw after some searching. Now, I have a visual studio 2010
> project. I need to translate the project property file (like .sln file and
> .vcxproj files) to make file, so I can autobuild it using Mingw32 compiler.
> First, I have tried makedepend, however makedepend seems to find the
> #include directive under system include directory(/usr/include/) of Debian
> GNU/linux, making makedepend unsuitable for me. So, is there any
> makedepend-like tools in mingw-croos-compiler?

I haven't used makedepend, but you could try the -M* preprocessor options:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#index-M-923

> Or can mingw directly compile
> the visual studio project? Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

You might like to go the other way and use cmake:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/project/about.html

which can generate both VS projects and standard makefiles. I'd
probably ask on the cmake list to see how people go about the initial
conversion from VS to cmake. Again, I haven't used this, but it's on
my long list of things to learn.

Cheers,