Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Package proposal

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Package proposal
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:04:08 +0100

Martin Müllenhaupt wrote:
Hi Mark,

On 11/02/2011 10:48 AM, Martin Müllenhaupt wrote:
I noticed some linking problems already in VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt. The
generated makefiles are missing the -llcms dependency for -lmng, and
-ljpeg is missing for -ltiff. Also saw a missing -lbz2 somewhere.
I think they are related to linking Qt.
I was wrong there. Linking vtkRendering links to tiff which misses the
linking to jpeg. I'll think about another patch here, maybe VTK should
use package-config at some place.

Neither tiff nor mng has a pkg-config .pc file. You probably have to do something specific to tell cmake that tiff depends on jpeg and mng depends on lcms. I guess you could also add .pc files for tiff and mng.

For Qt's qmake, I hacked src/gui/image/qmnghandler.pri to add -lcms.

I notice that QtGui.prl and the related .pc have -ljpeg before -ltiff. I think it's just good luck that this works. '-ljpeg' is there because QtGui depends directly on it, not because of -ltiff. I should probably fix this.

Mark