Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc install directories and libgomp build fai

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc install directories and libgomp build failure
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:37:27 +0200

I'd say libgomp is doing the right thing, but gcc is partly building
as a multi-lib. I won't have chance to look at it before tomorrow, but
the first thing I'd is try explicitly passing --disable-multilib to
gcc's ./configure (and probably binutils as well).

Thanks for the hint. Passing --disable-multilib to both gcc and binutils' configure makes no difference.

Next I tried passing --libdir='$(PREFIX)/lib' to gcc's configure. This seems to work and building libgomp succeeds. All files are now installed under <mce>/usr/lib.

I'm wondering if the --libdir hack should be checked in. I don't know the mechanism by which gcc chooses between lib and lib64 for libdir, apparently influenced by something in the operating system. I notice that the configure output includes: configure: loading site script /usr/share/site/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, I wonder if that script is part of the story. Do you know how to tell if the script is broken?

Just a quick update. libmikmod needs an explicit --libdir as well. Besides that, everything builds successfully now. See attached patch for the --libdir workarounds. I still don't know how clean this solution is.

Mark