[Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc install directories and libgomp build failure

From: Mark Brand
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc install directories and libgomp build failure
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:36:57 +0200

Hi,

Yesterday there was an unexpected change to the gcc configuration in mingw-cross-env on my 64-bit opensuse factory system. Files previously installed under
<mce>/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.1
are now installed under
<mce>/usr/lib64/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.1.

I don't know what caused this change, but I speculate that it might have to do with recently updated opensuse packages.

I discovered this while investigating why building libgomp's test program suddenly started to fail due to omp.h not being found. Libgomp continues to install omp.h in <mce>/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.1/include, which I guess is a directory no longer in the include search path since the change in gcc configuration.

I'm a bit over my head here. Does someone here have an idea about what caused the gcc configuration to change? Could it be that 'lib64' is actually right? If so, what about libgomp?

regards,

Mark