Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [BUG] boost: undefined reference to `___asser

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [BUG] boost: undefined reference to `___assert_fail'
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 11:13:32 +0200

Tim Mazid schrieb:
> The relevant part of configure.ac:
> AX_BOOST_BASE([1.46])
>
> When I do ./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32, all goes well, and it
> locates everything fine; except boost.
>
> Looking in Makefile, I see:
> BOOST_CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/include
> BOOST_LDFLAGS = -L/usr/lib
>
> Editing these to the appropriate mingw paths results in a successful
> build.

Okay, so the AX_BOOST_BASE() macro doesn't work properly in cross-compiling
environments.

One way to solve this is to provide the BOOST_* values as configure
arguments, such as:

    ./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 BOOST_CPPFLAGS="..." BOOST_LDFLAGS="..."

Note that there are some more ways to solve this issue. Maybe another
Boost user on this list will propose a better way that doesn't require
additional arguments.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch