Re: CMake 2.8.4 problems (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: CMake 2.8.4 problems (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:23:27 +0100

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> Attached is an attempt at creating the toolchain file. I'm not sure of
> the best way to create it (there must be a better way than printf),
> when to create it, or where to put it. The packages themselves seem to
> include the file correctly.
>
> This is against r1655, not the previous diff.

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your effort!

One more nitpick: I think that this shouldn't go to the main
Makefile. The bottom of src/gcc.mk is a better place for that.
There, we also create the TARGET-pkg-config wrapper script.

Also, you should prefer "echo" over "printf" as the letter interprets
special characters and escape sequences, which is what we usually
don't want. This, again, is also what we use for the TARGET-pkg-config
wrapper.

In summary, I recommend to add something along the following lines
to the bottom of gcc.mk:

    # create the CMake toolchain file
    (echo 'Line #1'; \
     echo 'Line #2'; \
     echo 'Last Line') \
     > '$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/...some.good.place...

If you've changed the patch this way, and adjusted it to Dan's
helpful advices, feel free to check this in before the release.
This is a very important simplification for anyone wanting to
add a CMake based packages to mingw-cross-env.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch