Re: CMake 2.8.4 problems (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: CMake 2.8.4 problems (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 03:08:39 +1100

On 16 March 2011 01:54, Daniel Stonier <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 15 March 2011 23:36, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> The latest version of CMake (2.8.4) requires a new CMAKE_RC_COMPILER
>>> option. This breaks all five packages [1] that use it. I've added the
>>> option
>>
>> Just a tiny nitpick: I don't like having those escape backslashes
>> right-justified. The simple reason is that when the width changes, all the
>> lines change, which makes the patch much harder to review.

Hi Mark,

I don't like them either (along with the capitals), it's what made me
think about the toolchain file in the first place ;)

>>> , but wonder if we should create a toolchain file
>>> [2].
>>>
>>> I don't know too much about CMake, does anyone have experience with this?
>>
>> I don't have tremendous experience with CMake either, but the "toolchain
>> file" looks like an elegant solution to me.

Attached is an attempt at creating the toolchain file. I'm not sure of
the best way to create it (there must be a better way than printf),
when to create it, or where to put it. The packages themselves seem to
include the file correctly.

This is against r1655, not the previous diff.

> I use a cmake toolchain file to build with mingw_cross in the ros
> build environment (which is essentially a cmake build environment), is
> that what you're looking for?

Hi Dan,

Could you review the attached patch and see if there's anything that
should/shouldn't be in the toolchain file? For some reason, it ignores
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX so I've left it in each package.

Cheers,