Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libarchive

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libarchive
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 04:24:45 +0200

Natalie Tasman <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Thanks again, Volker.  The problem that I'm having is that after those
> warnings, I'm getting a lot of linker errors down the line, such as
[...]
> ./.libs/libtpp_common.a(tpp_tarball.o):/Users/natalie/src/tpp/autotools/trans_proteomic_pipeline/src/common/tpp_tarball.cpp:62:
> undefined reference to `__imp__archive_entry_new'"

This looks like a statically referenced library (which is correct)
whose header contain dllimport/dllexport declarations (which is
_not_ correct).

This has nothing to do with the libtool warnings. It is a separate
problem, although it has of course something to do with static
linking.

> I will try to come up with a small test program.  Do you want a single C
> file, or a small autotooled project?

Just a single C file, please, and a single command to demonstrate
how to compile it.

You might want to have a look at the existing test files in the "src/"
directory, e.g. "src/sdl-test.c".

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator