[Mingw-cross-env-list] libarchive

From: Natalie Tasman
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libarchive
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:53:51 -0700

Hi Tony,

Apologies for the delay in following up; I've been out of the office since last week.

Testing a cleanly-build mingw-cross-env dev system from today, and using the mingw-cross-env libarchive, I'm still getting similar errors around archive, xml2, and lzma .  Perhaps the --disable-shared flag didn't make it in to one of those libraries' ./configures?

When creating a library "libtpp_common.la" in my project, I'm getting the following errors when trying to create a static library.  Please let me know if my link line (generated through autotools) looks wrong in any way.

Thanks again,
Natalie

/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link i686-pc-mingw32-g++  -g -O2 -L/home/natalie/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib -larchive -lws2_32  -o libtpp_common.la  ModificationInfo.lo ModifiedResidueMass.lo ResidueMass.lo hooks_tpp.lo spectStrct.lo tpp_tarball.lo util.lo calc_pI.lo win32_system.lo wglob.lo

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/natalie/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libarchive.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/natalie/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/liblzma.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /home/natalie/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libxml2.la.