Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:32:09 +0200

Bob Bib <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Thank you for including guile into the stuff :)
> By the way, for some reason now we require 2 versions
> of gmp: gmp-4.3.0 for gcc and gmp-5.0.1 for guile.

I noticed that, but up to now that isn't a problem.
The gmp-4.3.0 is only compiled natively, and
gmp-5.0.1 is only cross-crompiled. The one needs
to be build before (or within) the cross-GCC, while
the other needs to be built after GCC. So there is
no chance to ever merge those packages, which is why
I treat them separately until someone comes with a
better idea or concept.

> And the main thing, about our strange guile.
> That's very good now it is built automatically
> without dirty tricks, but it if I try to run it,
> it still produces nothing but errors.
[...]
> $ wine
> ~/apps/mingw-cross-env/mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/guile.exe
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x5be260 "?" wait timed out in
> thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x5be260 "?" wait timed out in
> thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x5be260 "?" wait timed out in
> thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)

This problem is known, and it is exactly the same problem
as with SDL / SDL_mixer. Please have a look at the following
mailing list postings:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-04/msg00053.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-04/msg00054.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-04/msg00085.html

Feel free to join our efforts to sort this problem out.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR