Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:56:35 +1000

On 15 April 2010 16:23, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> The attached diff removes the autotools trigger by leaving
>> *configure.in unpatched.
>
> Thanks for the patch. I included it:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/67c75b116389
>
> The original idea of changing the configure.in scripts was to provide
> a "clean" patch in addition to the hacks directly into the configure
> scripts.

I'm slowly coming to understand the autotools system, and thought that
it was either/or. Patch configure for on-the-fly mingw-cross-env
changes, or patch configure.in file for changes upstream. I see from
the below that configure.ac is the primary input file, not
configure.in.

> However, this is no longer necessary because I forward-ported my changes
> to the current development version of guile and provided them to upstream:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2010-04/msg00091.html
>
> BTW, I also added some helper libraries to mingw-cross-env which will
> be necessary for future guile versions: libunistring, gc and libffi:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/09bf7b6da444
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/9ab91f7639c7
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e412007fde27

They all build successfully on OSX and Ubuntu.