Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Link errors in SDL/Qt project

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Link errors in SDL/Qt project
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:41:35 +0200

Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 04/16/2010 03:30 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >Nikos Chantziaras<address@hidden>  schrieb:
> >[...]
> >>The application links, but doesn't run in Windows (exits immediately
> >>when double clicking).  In Wine, it hangs indefinitely with:
> >>
> >>err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x11ad510 "?" wait timed
> >>out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> >
> >This seems to be a pthread problem with SDL oder SDL_mixer. Please have
> >a look at:
> >
> >http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-04/msg00053.html
> >http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-04/msg00054.html
> >
> >It would be great if you could try the advices I gave there. The
> >original poster didn't respond yet.
>
> I've rebuild two times with the configure options mentioned there.  It
> made no difference.

Did you check whether that changed SDL versions needed "-lpthreads"?
If they did, the disabling of "pthreads" probably didn't work. Comparing
the "./configure" outputs of SDL might help, too.

> Next thing I'll try is to build with actual non-cross mingw32 under
> Windows and see if the problem exists there too (and if does, I guess
> mingw-cross is not at fault here.)

That's an interesting experiment. I'm curious about your results.

When you do that, please save at least all "./configure" output to
a file, so that we can compare it with the "./configure" outputs of
the cross builds.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator