Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Link errors in SDL/Qt project

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Link errors in SDL/Qt project
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:03:18 +0200

I suspect libdxguid.a provides those symbols. Could you try adding
-ldxguid to you LIBS or directly to the i686-pc-mingw32-g++ call above?

I found out there's a whole set of extra stuff needed. I had to add all the below:

-lmikmod -lpthread -lsmpeg -lwsock32 -ldxguid -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg

The application links, but doesn't run in Windows (exits immediately when double clicking). In Wine, it hangs indefinitely with:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x11ad510 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)

messages.

But I guess this is an SDL problem, not mingw's fault.

I have not used SDL myself. I wonder if it would help to disable directx. You can do that in sdl.mk.

By the way, I noticed you mentioned on the Qt list that you had trouble with Qt's Phonon support in MInGW. Have you tried this with mingw-cross-env? The qmediaplayer demo at least seems to work correctly.

-Mark