Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] --disable-shared

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] --disable-shared
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:51:11 -0300

Wow. That was a really good explanation. Thank you.

My personal problem is that compiling gettext with --disable-shared
makes a big problem with gnulib:

It was fixed on gnulib, but not on gettext, so my only wayout is to
compile gettext removing the '--disable-shared', and this implies on
remove the same line on libiconv.

This has not to do with mingw itself, its fault of gettext, but I only
have two solutions:

1- download the get version of gettext and use it, instead of the 0.17
version (which is dated from 2007)
2- just remove the '--disable-shared' from the makefiles of gettext and
libiconv.

I don't know if the second solution will break something, because now
I'm compiling the CLI version of the software, but it also has a version
which uses gtk,cairo and so on.

Is there another solution to this?

Regards,

Michel