Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_Pango in mingw-cross-env

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_Pango in mingw-cross-env
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:28:51 +0100

David Bruce <address@hidden> schrieb:
> There are two separate issues.  The first is that SDL_Pango has some
> important gaps in its API, including a reasonable means to set the
> font size.  This is addressed by "SDL_Pango-0.1.2-API-adds.patch",
> which is needed by tuxtype and tuxmath.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but such a patch is already part
of mingw-cross-env:

    src/sdl_pango-api-adds.patch

Is there any problem with that patch?

Anyway, I'll try to compare our existing patch with the one you
attached to your email.

> The second issue is that SDL_Pango.h has several const variable
> declarations of matrices that generate "multiple definition" errors
> when I build tuxtype.

Okay, I'll have a look at it.

> Both of the patches were downloaded from Fedora.

I tried very hard to find the _real_ source (and the real author)
of the SDL_Pango API additions:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/901cee75403e

    | include the API additions of Guillaume Cottenceau for package sdl_pango
    |
    | The original source of the API additions is:
    | http://zarb.org/~gc/t/SDL_Pango-0.1.2-API-adds.patch

It would be great if you could perform a similar research on the
second patch. If that's too much work or if you can't figure it out,
please tell me. In that case I'll do that research on my own.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR